Code of Ethics
The principles that guide our decision making
The Builders Exchange Network Code of Ethics
Members of BXNet recognize the importance of codifying and communicating the ethical principles that guide their work and that of their staff to industry professionals, construction industry constituents, and members of the general public.
The principles of this code are expressed in broad statements to guide ethical decision making.
BXNet members will:
- Provide the highest level of service through appropriate and usefully organized resources; equitable service policies; equitable access; and accurate, unbiased and courteous responses to all requests.
- Uphold the principles of intellectual freedom and resist efforts to censor.
- Protect right to privacy and confidentiality with respect to information sought or received and resources consulted, borrowed, acquired or transmitted.
- Recognize, respect and protect intellectual property rights.
- Treat co-workers and other colleagues with respect, fairness and good faith, and advocate conditions of employment that safeguard the rights and welfare of all employees of our organizations.
- Abstain from advancing private interests at the expense of our constituents, our colleagues or our employing organizations.
- Distinguish between our personal convictions and professional duties and refrain from allowing our personal beliefs to interfere with fair representation of the aims of our organizations or the provision of access to information resources.
- Strive for excellence in our profession by maintaining and enhancing our own knowledge and skills; by encouraging the professional development of our colleagues, our co-workers or our employees, and by fostering the aspirations and skills of potential members of the profession.
Adopted June 21, 2007